Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Workers Comp Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA Assists Employees with Recovering the Benefits They Are Entitled to Under the Law in Philadelphia County and Throughout PA
Work injuries are an unfortunate reality for employees and employers. A worker who is hurt or becomes ill in the course and scope of their employment should not have to bear the financial burden of their medical recovery and lost income from missed work. Fortunately, the workers’ compensation system ensures that injured or ill employees get the financial resources they need. If you were hurt on the job, turn to the Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers at DiTomaso Law to ensure you obtain the full scope of benefits you are entitled to.
For more than 25 years, our firm has vigorously advocated for the rights of injury victims in Philadelphia and across the Delaware Valley. We know how devastating injuries can be for our clients’ professional and personal lives. That’s why we aggressively pursue maximum compensation in every case we handle, leaving no stone unturned even if that means going to court to demand accountability for our clients.
Contact DiTomaso Law for a free initial case review to discuss your legal options for financial recovery for your work injury with our workers comp attorneys in Philadelphia, PA. Let us fight to maximize your compensation so that you can get the treatment and support you need for your injury and get back to work and your regular life.
Were You or a Loved One Injured at Work and Now You Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell us What Happened.
Workplace Accident Claims Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You With
The Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers of DiTomaso Law advocate for the rights of clients who have been injured in workplace accidents such as:
- Repetitive stress and overexertion
- Exposure to the elements
- Slip/trip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Being struck or crushed by falling objects
- Tool/equipment/machinery accidents, including entanglement or crush accidents
- Forklift/cherry picker accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Fires or explosions
- Toxic exposure or exposure to communicable disease
- Acts of workplace violence
Rich DiTomaso was an excellent attorney. He was knowledgeable, thorough, and settled our case with a great result. We would highly recommend using this attorney.
Five stars absolutely deserved here. They handled every detail, from insurance companies to doctors and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges.
Richard Ditomaso is an expert in his field. He goes above and beyond for his clients. If you’re looking for a great lawyer, give this one a chance; you won’t regret it. A+++
What Benefits Are Available in the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation System?
The Pennsylvania workers’ compensation system entitled workers who suffer a work injury or occupational illness to certain financial benefits, without the need to prove any negligence or recklessness on the part of their employer. Available benefits include:
- Medical benefits, which pays for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment and rehabilitation of a work injury or occupational illness, with no balance billing owed by you; you are free to choose your medical provider unless your employer a posted a list of approved providers in your workplace, in which case you must select a provider on that list
- Wage loss benefits, which provides a percentage of your pre-injury/illness average weekly wage if you cannot work, or a percentage of the difference of your average weekly wage and current income level if you earn less money due to a work injury or occupational disease
- Specific loss benefits, which provides financial payments based on the severity of impairment caused by a lost body part or permanent loss of use of a body part or a bodily function, or for permanent, significant disfigurement of the neck, head, or face
In addition, the family of a worker who passes away due to a work injury or occupational illness may be entitled to receive death benefits
Drunk Driving Accident
Dangerous Machine Accident
How Will Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help You Seek the Financial Resources You Need to Recover from a Work Injury or Occupational Illness?
A workplace accident can upend your life by causing you to suffer serious injuries that require extensive medical care and cause you to lose time from work and income. You deserve to obtain financial resources that can assist you as you work towards getting back to regular life. Let the workers comp attorneys in Philadelphia, PA, from DiTomaso Law fight for to secure compensation and justice for you by:
- Recovering evidence if needed to prove that your injury or illness arose in the course and scope of your employment, entitling you to workers’ comp benefits
- Documenting your expenses and losses from your recovery, including calculating your pre-accident wages, to ensure you receive the full scope of benefits you are entitled to under the law
- Handling negotiating on your behalf with your employer to secure acceptance of your workers’ compensation claim
- Filing a formal claim petition and advocating on your behalf before the state workers’ compensation commission if necessary to fight for the financial benefits you need
Contact DiTomaso Law for a Free Claim Evaluation with Our Workers Comp Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA to Discuss Your Legal Options
Reach out to DiTomaso Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak with our Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers about filing a claim for benefits that can help you as you recover from a work injury or occupational disease that you suffered in the course and scope of your employment.
About Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s largest city and the anchor of the Delaware Valley. The city is notable for its colonial history, serving as the first capital of the United States. Today, Philadelphia is a thriving educational, financial, and biotechnology hub, being home to numerous colleges, universities, and research institutions, as well as headquarters of several Fortune 500 corporations. Numerous workers live in and commute to Philadelphia. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in one recent year the Philadelphia metropolitan area had a total of 63 fatal work injuries, with annual work fatality rates over the past two decades from a high of 93 in several years to a low of 45 in one year.
Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Answer Frequently Asked Questions About Workers Comp Claims
What is workers’ compensation?
What is covered under workers’ compensation?
What workers’ compensation benefits are available?
What should I do after a work accident in order to pursue workers’ compensation?
Can I sue an employer or another employee for my workplace accident?
Under Pennsylvania’s Workers’ Compensation Act, your legal recourse against your employer for a work-related injury or illness is usually limited to filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. However, if a third party bears fault for causing your work injury, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim against that party in addition to pursuing workers’ compensation benefits from your employer. Turn to the Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers of DiTomaso Law for help in maximizing your financial recovery after being hurt at work.
If you were injured on the job, you have up to 120 days to notify your employer of your work-related injury to maintain eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits. And if your employer denies you workers’ comp benefits or prematurely terminates your benefits, you have three years from the date of the workplace accident or the last date that you received benefits to file a formal workers’ compensation petition with the state.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”